Friday 11 November 2011

Last few days in hong kong.

As it was their Arts festival there were a lot of opportunities to see/hear live music, dance and drama some for free along the harbour.  So what do you do in Hong kong when there is festival going on you follow the music so I spent most of my time at the harbour listening, watching and taking notes on performances and rhythms ok boring stuff to those not interested. I also went to a Cantonese Opera lets just say it was an experience I am glad I had the opportunity to see it but its not something I would do again for one simple fact I had no idea what was going on.  When ever the audience started to clap I took that as my que to clap when they laughed I had no idea what was so funny.  The singing was interesting by the use of cymbals went right through me and gave me a headache I know I should be used to all the noise considering my profession but I must be out of practice.
         On my last morning in Hong Kong I went to my favourite cafe/restaurant called deli and wine lovely food and reasonal price.  I also bumped into one of the girls from the trans siberian tour walking along the harbour. We also bumped into each other in Yangshou what are the chances.  Next stop Melbourne.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.