Tuesday 8 November 2011

Hard sleeper and Shanghai

So you would think that as I have been travelling on trains since this how travelling stuff began I would be used to them but no why you ask because the there are 6 beds in a cabin and no door this time and lets not talk about the toilets.  This time round its just an overnight train to get from Beijing to Shanghai, we arrived at 12 noon had a brief tour and went to the museum. Shanghai is like most cities lots of shops not much else, so instead of partying I was sad and went back to the hotel for an early night.  However in the middle of the night I was woken up by someone banging on the door I check the time its 2a.m. who can it be banging on the door I open it to find to chinese people, I think they worked there they are talking to me in chinese as if I understand them. But in stead they find me half asleep, dazed and confused as to what they are trying to tell me so in the end it was down to a game of sharades, yes the lady gave the motion of someone smoking I shake my head they point into the room I open the door wider to show them no smoke, they continue to talk to me I end up saying no and then did the universal sign for sleeping then they left. It was the weirdest thing ever I even woke later that morning and had to ask my room mate if that actually happened.

Shanghai finacial island

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.