Sunday 25 September 2011

Step one Get to Russia part 3

Day Two: Saturday 24th September 2011

Woke up at 8:00 yes I now those who know me will think something is wrong with me getting up before midday. Had breakfast which was museli which is a change (as there were no nuts) and toast.  Between 12:00 and 21:00 we went sightseeing to all the well known plays oh and to change the money I took with me.  First  stop was to get the metro unfortunately we are not allowed to pictures in the metro, from there we went to the Cathedral of Our Saviour on the Spilled Blood.


 
Sorry it sideways but you get the picture.  Stop two was to the Author Vladimir Nabokov who wrote Lolita, stop three was to St Isacc's Cathedral
After that we went to Peter and Paul fortress where we got some great panoramic shots.

Ok so my photography needs some work I will have to sort out the pics when I have time.

Lunch was great the Russians seem to love their pancakes so ham and cheese it was accompanied by a cup of fantastic hot chocolate which was so thick the spoon could stand up right as you can see.
Then to walk back to the hotel to meet at 21:00 to walk to the train station to get the over night train to Moscow.  Here are some pics of the sunset and of the rail way and the sleeping compartment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.